Zurich: Important Underwriting Updates
As we continue to navigate through these challenging times, Zurich would like to communicate a key update regarding their underwriting procedures. For all formal applications already received, Zurich will apply their standard underwriting guidelines.
For all new formal applications, the following guidelines are temporarily in effect:
- For Issue Ages up to 60 - Zurich will continue to make offers on cases that are Table H or better, except if one of the following COVID-19 comorbidity conditions exists. If one of the following conditions exists, we will make offers on cases that are Table D or better.
- Chronic respiratory conditions, such as COPD, asthma, emphysema, etc.
- Chronic kidney disease
- Diabetes mellitus
- Heart disease
- Immunocompromised illness (e.g. Crohn’s, ulcerative colitis, HIV, SLE, RA)
- Solid organ or bone marrow transplantations
- Long term use of immunosuppressive treatments
- For Issue Ages 60-69: Zurich will continue to make offers on cases that are Table D or better.
- For Issue Ages 70-79: Zurich will continue to make offers on cases that are Tabe B or better.
- For Issue Ages 80-85: normal guidelines apply; insured must be Standard or better.
All cases that do not meet the above criteria will be postponed. Zurich will continue to monitor the situation and advise whether additional changes are needed. The goal is to return to their standard underwriting guidelines as soon as possible once the situation has improved.
Please give us a call at 1-800-792-6795 if you have any questions about these updates.