Protective Indexed Choice UL and ExtendCare Product Changes
Important information regarding the Protective Indexed Choice UL product and the ExtendCare Rider: Effective July 12, 2021, Protective is repricing the Protective Indexed Choice UL to include lower premiums in key areas. In addition, Protective will be:
- Lowering the maximum secondary guarantee from 121 to age 90 to make their guarantees even more competitive. For clients seeking guarantees to age 121, the market-leading Protective® Lifetime Assurance UL and Protective Advantage Ch
- oice UL guaranteed universal life options are still available
- Adding an Option B Increasing Death Benefit Option
- Extending surrender charges from 14 to 19 years
- Providing access to the Guideline Premium Test at issue
These changes enable Protective to continue offering the same well-designed indexed universal life solution that you know and trust, with improved pricing and new features that help us deliver on our promises— together.
- For ticket business and direct writers: applications must be signed and received on or before Monday, August 30 to receive current rates.
- For paper business: applications must be signed and received on or before Monday, August 16 to receive current rates.
- Any application in underwriting on Monday, July 12 may choose between the old and new version of the product, but will retain the rates initially quoted unless otherwise requested up until the case has been approved.
Please give us a call at 1-800-792-6795 if you have any questions about these changes.