Upcoming Protective Indexed Choice UL Rate Changes
At Protective Life, delivering what’s promised and doing the right thing is the foundation of everything they do. That’s why Protective has decided to adjust their loan charge rate, cap rate, fixed rate and illustrated rate on Protective Indexed Choice UL to keep up with the continued low interest rate environment and volatility in the market. These product revisions will enable Protective to continue offering this solid, well-designed life insurance solution that meets your clients’ expectations and helps them to deliver on their promises.
The following rate changes will be available with Protective Indexed Choice UL illustrations beginning October 19, 2020. See below for effective dates.
- The loan charge rate will change from 4.41% to 4.64% and is effective October 19, 2020.
- The indexed cap rate will change from 8.50% to 8.00%.
- The new cap rate will go into effect on January 15, 2021 as indexed segments are created on the 15th of each month.
- For new and existing indexed segments that began in 2020, this new cap rate will go into effect once the segment has its annual reset (after its 12-month term).
- The fixed account crediting rate will change from 3.50% to 3.25% and is effective January 1, 2021.
- The maximum illustrated rate will change from 5.41% to 5.14% and is effective October 19, 2020.
Please let us know if you have any questions about these changes.