Lincoln - Coming Soon: Life Insurance Unified Product Application
Beginning February 14, 2022, Lincoln Underwriting & New Business will launch an updated application package for all life insurance products and submission methods. This updated application package has been designed to enhance the user experience of completing and applying for a policy, improve clarity and readability of the forms, and reduce overall turnaround times by increasing efficiencies within case processing and underwriting.
What you need to know
The updated application package will be used for:
- All Term, Universal Life (UL), Indexed UL and Variable UL products*
- All ages and all face amounts
- All submission methods (Traditional full application, eApp and Ticket)
- Lincoln TermAccel will remain a fully electronic process with eTicket submissions only and required eDelivery
- The application package will automatically update on the Lincoln Forms Tool, or wherever you access Lincoln’s forms.
- Beginning February 14, 2022, the new application packet will be available on electronic submission platforms, for states that have approved the new forms.
- For states that have not approved the new application packet as of February 14, 2022, the old forms will remain on the electronic platform. Upon the state approval of the new forms, the new application packet will be made available.
Traditional LincXpress Ticket Submissions
- Effective on or after February 14, 2022, only the new ticket will be accepted.
- If an old LincXpress ticket is submitted on or after February 14, 2022, the agent will be contacted for any missing information required for the new ticket.
Traditional Full Application Submissions
- There will be a 90-day transition period beginning February 14, 2022, in which Lincoln will accept either the current application or the new application for all states that have approved the new application.
- For states that have not approved the new application as of February 14, 2022, the 90-day transition will begin when the new application is approved.