Lincoln: Pricing Update for Lincoln TermAccel Level Term
Effective August 16, 2021, Lincoln is announcing pricing updates to Lincoln TermAccel®Level Term (2019) which will improve competitive positioning in key cells. Lincoln TermAccel® life insurance offers an entirely electronic, streamlined interview process with fully automated underwriting and no APS requirement.
Goals of the reprice include being a “top 3 carrier” in the following non-tobacco, core cells for all term periods when compared to key competitors:
- Face amounts of $500K – $1M, premiums are in the top 3 for most ages 40 – 60
- Face amounts of $1M, premiums are ranked #1 for a large majority of ages 45 – 60
- Pricing updates include decreases only
For states that are approved at rollout, there is a 30-day transition period which begins on August 16, 2021 and ends on September 15, 2021. During the transition period:
- New applications received and applications currently in underwriting will automatically receive the lowest rates available.
- For policies already issued Lincoln will accept a written request to change to the Lincoln TermAccel® (2019) – 08/16/21 rates.
- For policies already placed Lincoln will not allow rewrites to the Lincoln TermAccel® (2019) – 08/16/21 rates.
- For states approved after rollout the above will automatically apply based on the availability date.
- Lincoln TermAccel® (2019) is not available in New York.
Please give us a call at 1-800-792-6795 if you have any questions.