Lincoln: Pricing Update for Lincoln LifeElements Level Term
Effective August 16, 2021, Lincoln is announcing pricing updates to Lincoln LifeElements® Level Term (2019) which will improve competitive positioning in key cells. Lincoln LifeElements® Level Term life insurance offers both a traditional paper application process and a streamlined Tele-App process for electronic and paper ticket submissions.
Goals of the reprice include being a “top 3 carrier” in the following non-tobacco, core cells for all term periods when compared to key competitors:
- Face amounts of $500K – $999K, premiums are in the top 3 for almost all ages 55 and above
- Face amounts of $1M and above:
- Ages 30 and above, premiums are in the top 3 for most cells
- Ages 45 and above, premiums are ranked #1 for a large majority of cells
- Pricing updates include decreases only
For states that are approved at rollout, there is a 30-day transition period which begins on August 16, 2021 and ends on September 15, 2021. During the transition period:
- New applications received and applications currently in underwriting will automatically receive the lowest rates available.
- For policies already issued Lincoln will accept a written request to change to the Lincoln LifeElements® (2019) – 08/16/21 rates.
- For policies already placed Lincoln will not allow rewrites to the Lincoln LifeElements® (2019) – 08/16/21 rates.
- For states approved after rollout the above will automatically apply based on the availability date.
Please give us a call at 1-800-792-6795 if you have any questions.