Prudential - Upcoming Rate Reduction for Term Essential
Effective January 9, 2023, Term Essential rates will be reduced by an average of 9%. This means that you can offer more affordable life insurance protection to clients.
On Monday, January 9, 2023, the repriced Term Essential will be introduced.
IMPORTANT DATES (subject to state approval)
- January 8, 2023 (Last Day for Old Rates): Last day that an application can be signed with a request for Old Rates. The inventory of cases with a sign date of January 8th or prior will havea price compare performed at policy issue. The policy will be updated to the new rates if lower at the time of underwriting approval.
- January 9, 2023 (Ready to Sell Date): New Rates for the repriced product are in effect. Allapplications signed and dated1 on or after January 9, 2023, will receive New Rates.
- January 13, 2023 (Home Office Receipt Date): Last day that an application can be received inthe Home Office with Old Rates.
- March 10, 2023 (Placement Date): Last day that a pending case can be placed with old rates.All delivery requirements must be received in good order by end of business day (4 PM EST).
APPLICATIONS WITH PENDING OWNERSHIP ARRANGEMENTS
Updates to applications as part of establishing a trust or finalizing the ownership arrangement can be made after the application deadlines outlined in the transition rules. However, these cases must still meet the application deadlines for the original application and comply with all other deadlines outlined in the transition rules.
- Requests for New Rates are subject to all of the deadlines outlined in the transition rules.
- New application submissions cannot be backdated greater than 6 months prior to the applicationsigned date.
- Important Note: No application or request to change to new rates can be backdated greater than 6months prior to their State's Ready to Sell Date.
Please give us a call at 1.800.792.6795 if you have any questions.