Prudential: Upcoming Reprice for Guaranteed UL
Effective April 27, 2020, PruLife Universal Protector will be repriced in response to the current interest rate environment. The new rates will result in an average increase of 8% to 12% in all states (except New York) depending on age, underwriting class, and premium funding patterns. However, Prudential remains committed to the GUL marketplace and they strive to provide the best value possible for customers.
In New York, the average increase in premium is approximately 20%, which is due to the interest rate environment and different reserve requirements specific to New York. Several competitors also charge higher premiums in New York or have restricted products available for sale.
UL Protector continues to offer valuable death benefit protection as well as these great features:
- Lifetime Guaranteed Protection: UL Protector is a permanent life insurance policy with guaranteed lifetime protection as long as required premiums are paid.
- BenefitAccess Rider (BAR): By adding BAR at an additional charge, clients can accelerate their death benefit should they become chronically or terminally ill meeting the terms of the rider, even if expected to recover.
- Age Last Birthday Advantage: While most carriers use “age at nearest birthday” to determine clients’ age, we use age at last birthday, which means potentially lower premiums for clients.
- PruFast Track: Prudential’s accelerated underwriting for eligible clients enables them to skip the medical exam and get approved for coverage within days, not weeks.
- Tax-Free Benefits: Like all life insurance, death benefits are generally income tax-free per IRC §101(a).
- A Trusted Name: Prudential Financial has been in the life insurance industry for 140 years and counting. It’s a name that clients know and trust.
More transition details will be provided closer to the time. Please give us a call at 1-800-792-6795 with questions.