Pacific Life: Offering Life Insurance to Your Clients Living With HIV
In keeping with Pacific Life’s mission to help people secure their financial futures, they are pleased to offer life insurance coverage to your eligible clients living with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), effective July 11, 2022. As a result of their continuous monitoring of medical advancements, progressive underwriting approach, and customer focus, Pacific Life will make coverage available to applicants who have a favorable clinical course and are successfully responding to antiretroviral therapy (ART).
- Ages 20-65
- Treated by a qualified physician
- Minimum one year of compliance with ART, with no lapses or delays in treatment
- Stable and current CD4 count greater than or equal to 500 cells/mm3
- Undetectable viral load for at least one year
- Current negative testing for hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C in sustained viral remission
- Self-disclosure of diagnosis
- Recently diagnosed with HIV
- Documented viral resistance to treatment
- Any AIDS defining illness
- History of intravenous drug abuse, polysubstance use or alcohol concerns
- Coronary artery disease, diabetes, or cancer
- Hepatitis B (including treated)
- Psychiatric conditions
- Underweight (or losing weight)
Factors Affecting the Decision:
- Current age
- Date of diagnosis
- Documented favorable and stable clinical course, strict adherence and response to ART (minimum one-year favorable treatment)
- Absence of significant immunosuppression or co-morbid conditions (e.g. diabetes or coronary artery disease) This offering includes all fully underwritten products that the proposed insured financially qualifies for and all riders are excluded.
Please give us a call at 1-800-792-6795 if you have any questions!