Mutual of Omaha - Important LTC Underwriting Update
**Updated July 6, 2020**
Mutual of Omaha is lifting the applicant age restrictions for states in phases. Applications for clients ages 65+ can now be considered for these states. Effective dates are listed below.
June 15, 2020: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
July 6, 2020: Connecticut, District of Columbia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York and Rhode Island.
Click here for more information.
** April 16, 2020 **
Throughout the rapidly evolving pandemic, Mutual of Omaha has been continuously evaluating their underwriting and new business practices to support business continuity, deliver a consistently high level of service, and maintain their financial strength.
As a result, effective Thursday, April 16, 2020, Mutual of Omaha is implementing a temporary change. They will not be accepting LTC applications for individuals age 65 and older. Please review the FAQ for the pending application process.
Mutual of Omaha will continue to prequalify applicants 64 and younger. The prequalification will be good for 60 days. If the health of the client changes or the prequalification is past 60 days, you will need to prequalify the applicant again.
Below are some important reminders:
- The temporary changes above are in addition to the guidance on COVID-19 announced on March 24th.
- If the proposed insured or any member of his or her household has traveled or resided outside of the United States within the past 30 days, the application will be postponed until 30 days following their return.
- If the proposed insured or any member of his or her household has come into close contact with anyone known to the insured to have tested positive for COVID-19, the application will be postponed until 30 days following their exposure.
- In addition, anyone testing positive for the COVID-19 virus or those who have been hospitalized or quarantined for the virus will have their application postponed for a minimum of 90 days.
Updated LTC Policy Output Procedures
Beginning April 21, 2020, all LTC insurance policies with or without delivery requirements will be mailed directly to the policyholder. Producers will not receive a copy.
- An email will be sent to your office contact at time of policy issue listing any needed delivery requirements. A copy of the delivery requirements will not be attached.
- All delivery requirements will be included in the policy output package.
- Case Monitoring will reflect all outstanding and received delivery requirements.
- Options to send back delivery requirements include:
- By mail: A return envelope will be included for the customer to return to our home office.
- By fax: 1-888-539-6272
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org Note: Please reference the FAQ on how to send emails securely.
Please give us a call at 1-800-792-6795 if you have any questions about this update.