Coming Soon from Banner - Lab Lift: Exam Substitution Program
Get ready to give more of your clients an exam-free experience without giving up great level term pricing and coverage options.
Legal & General's new exam substitution program, Lab Lift, is the latest accelerated underwriting enhancement for your clients whether they use the paper or digital application. With Lab Lift, clients who are not initially approved exam-free now have the option to substitute recent electronic health records (EHR), if available, or an attending physician statement (APS) for a paramedical exam.
The best part? Eligible clients ages 20-60 can enjoy up to $2 million in coverage, at the same competitive price. Exam-free has never been this easy. Additionally, this program is available in New York!
- Ages 20–60
- Comprehensive physical within the last 18 months that includes complete blood work
- Up to $2 million in coverage (including any existing coverage with Banner Life or William Penn that is not being replaced)
- All rate classes are eligible, including Sub-standard cases
- For those eligible for the program, the full paramed requirement will be waived for individuals ages 51–60 with face amounts over $500,000. The EKG requirement will be waived for individuals ages 51–60 with face amounts between $1 and $2 million.
Eligible clients will have had comprehensive blood work completed in the last 18 months. Here’s what that includes:
- Comprehensive Metabolic Profile (CMP) (Also called: chem 14, chemistry panel, chemistry screen, metabolic panel)
- Electrolytes: sodium, potassium, carbon dioxide and chloride.
- Albumin (liver protein)
- Total protein, which measures the total amount of protein in the blood
- Liver enzymes:
- ALP (alkaline phosphatase)
- ALT (alanine transaminase)
- AST (aspartate aminotransferase)
- Kidney waste: BUN (blood urea nitrogen) and creatinine
- Complete Lipid Panel
- Total cholesterol
- HDL cholesterol
- LDL cholesterol
While it is encouraged for agents to drop a ticket to start a digital application, Legal & General understands the need for some clients to take the traditional paper application route. Agents can decide which clients to include in the program by submitting the paper application with a simple one-page cover sheet that includes the date blood work was completed and physician information.
Paper Lab Lift eligibility highlights
- Ages 20-60 with a physician visit and blood work in last 18 months
- Simply include a one page cover sheet with eligible applications
- Up to $2 million in coverage with no new exams or blood work!
Part 1 and Part 2 of the application will need to be completed.
For agents with customers who would typically complete Part 2 during a paramed, Legal & General has partnered with ExamOne to complete the application. At this time, ExamOne ordering of Part 2 for Lab Lift is not available in New York.
For more information and resources, please visit this landing page (no login required!)
Additionally, please give us a call at 1-800-792-6795 if you have questions or need assistance with an application.