Principal - Updated IDI Application Part B Available Oct. 1st
Principal is excited to announce an updated Part B of the individual disability insurance (IDI) application will be available for use effective October 1, 2022. The new Part B is for all completion methods—online, phone, and create-an-app. It’s designed for an enhanced user experience, featuring new phrasing of some questions and check boxes for easier completion.
- The wording of some questions has been tweaked and check boxes have been added to make it easier for insured to complete.
- Part B is now the same for IDI and life insurance applications - streamlining the process when an insured is applying at the same time for both types of coverage.
- A signature is required by the proposed insured for Part B. For the online and TeleApp options, the client's email address is also required, so that once Part B is completed, we can send an email with a link to provide their signature. For a paper Part B, the insured will sign the paper form.
- A delivery receipt replaces the Part D delivery requirement. This will go into effect after the transition period.
What you need to know.
- Transition to new Part B: You should start using the new Part B beginning October 1, in approved states.
- Approved states: The updated Part B is approved in all states, except CA, FL, MT, ND, NY, SD, and WY.
- Applicable products: Use for new applications of all currently sold IDI products.
Here is a short video about online Part B completion.
- October 1- New Part B is available for all completion methods - online, phone, create-an-app.
- October 1 to December 1 - Delivery requirement process remains the same - TeleApp Part D is collected for online or phone part B, and delivery receipt is collected for paper Part B.
- December 2- Starting this date, delivery receipts will be collected for all Part B completion methods.
Please give us a call at 1.800.792.6795 if you have any questions.
- As additional states approve application Part B, the same 60-day transition will apply.