Face Amount Limit Change for PL Promise GUL Starting April 1, 2020
In response to decreasing market interest rates as well as rapidly changing market conditions related to the national emergence of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus), Pacific Life will limit new PL Promise GUL business to face amounts of $2.5 million or less effective Wednesday, April 1, 2020.
Winflex Web quote systems will be updated with new face amount limit on April 1, 2020. Any ticket or application submitted on or after the effective date (April 1, 2020) with a face amount greater than $2.5 million will not be considered. PL Promise GUL cases submitted prior to April 1, 2020 must be processed by Friday, May 15, 2020 to be eligible for a face amount over $2.5 million. Pacific Life will communicate updates as economic conditions change. Life insurance remains an important product for consumers to purchase and own.
PL Promise GUL remains an affordable option that offers:
- Face amounts between $25k - $2.5 million, as of April 1, 2020
- Affordable alternative to whole life
- Enhanced Surrender Value Rider at no cost
- Added consumer protection with a no-lapse guarantee, that can be tailored to the client’s desired no-lapse guarantee duration
- Optional PL Promise Chronic Illness Rider at policy issue for a monthly rider charge
- Optional Waiver of Monthly Deduction Rider at policy issue for a monthly rider charge should the client become disabled
Contact our life sales team at 1-800-792-6795 with any questions or for illustrations.