Pacific Life Announces Accelerated Underwriting for Term
Available 05/17/2021: Pacific Life is please to announce their accelerated underwriting program, PL Swift Sailing. Using digital tools, available data, and predictive modeling, PL Swift Sailing offers your clients a more convenient and less invasive underwriting process so they can get the life insurance coverage they need faster.
PL Swift Sailing requires no medical exams, needles, fluids, or attending physician statements. Greater transparency and frequent communication help you provide an improved customer experience. Less restrictive requirements can mean that more of your clients qualify, and those up to age 60 could get up to $2 million in coverage, even with nicotine use.
- Ages 18-60
- Up to $2 million of coverage
- In good health with full disclosure of the proposed insured's medical history
- Evidence of routine medical care in the past 3 years
- No formal or informal application with Pacific Life in the past year
- Not previously rated or declined
- Standard or better rate classes (no nicotine use and nicotine use)
- Submit by electronic ticket
- Available on PL Promise Term 10, 15, 20, 25, or 30-year level premium periods
Clients (ages 50-60) who don't qualify for PL Swift Sailing accelerated underwriting are automatically assessed for our PL Smooth Sailing fluidless underwriting* for a seamless client experience!
Here's how to get started:
1. Submit an electronic ticket (Pacific Life is available through Vive!)
2. Pacific Life will send a link to AboutMe online health history questionnaire to client
A link to AboutMe online health questionnaire is sent to the client within minutes, providing an option for the producer to stay on phone to help ensure the client gets started with health history. Pacific Life will send reminders to clients and follow up by telephone with those who don't complete the online health hisitory within one week.
3. Please note that paramedical exams or APS may be requested based on answers given during the online health history or phone interview, and clients will be given the option to schedule any required exams at that time.
4. Pacific Life makes a decision
Decisions for cases that qualify for PL Swift Sailing are communicated quickly - usually within 7 days. For cases that do not qualify for PL Swift Sailing, the reason is explained for transparency. Those clients are automatically assessed for PL Smooth Sailing fluidless underwriting are moved to full underwriting.
5. Policy issued with eDelivery.
Please give us a call at 1-800-792-6795 with any questions about the process!
*PL Smooth Sailing fluidless underwriting qualification requirements: For clients ages 50-69. Medical records to include a comprehensive physical and blood work within the last 18 months. The total amount of life insurance coverage applied for and inforce with Pacific Life may not exceed $1 million.