Oscar | Delay in Premium Checks Processing
The company that processes premium checks recently let OSCAR know that they are experiencing processing delays due to COVID-19 shelter in place orders from local governments. OSCAR is taking steps to ensure that there will be no disruption to your clients’ coverage, but please encourage your Oscar Individual clients to make their premium payments online or over the phone. More instructions are below.
If your clients recently paid with a check, they may not see the accurate amount reflected in their account for up to 2 weeks. This is an evolving situation and the check processing vendor is working to address it as soon as possible.
Here are payment instructions that you can pass along to your Individual clients:
- To pay over the phone:
- Have your Oscar ID number handy (you can find it on your ID card), along with you bank account and routing numbers
- Dial 855-672-2755 and select 1 when you hear the prompt
- Enter in your banking account and routing number
- To pay online at hioscar.com or through the Oscar app:
- Log into your account, or create your account if you don’t already have one. You can also download the Oscar Health mobile app.
- Enter in your debit, credit, or banking account information to make a one-time payment, or submit a recurring payment. Note that credit is only available to make one-time payments through until April 30.
We understand that this is a difficult time for both you and your clients. Visit OSCAR's COVID-19 resource center at hioscar.com/covid19 for the latest updates and helpful FAQs. If you have any questions, please contact BUA.