Equitable: Temporary product and underwriting changes due to COVID-19
- Maximum rating is Table D or equivalent rate for proposed insured ages 18-69
- For ages 50-69, coverage is not available on proposed insureds who are both assessed at Table D AND are being rated for any of the following medical conditions: Coronary Artery Disease, Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension, Asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Chronic Kidney Disease or Disease treated with an Immunosuppressant
- Standard or better rate for proposed insureds ≥ age 70
- Maximum issue age is still 80
**May 8, 2020**
AXA Equitable remains steadfast in its commitment to deliver competitive life insurance solutions during these challenging times. These solutions must be balanced with the marketplace, environment and overall risk. As a result, five temporary product and underwriting changes will be implemented to life insurance products
Effective with all applications submitted May 18, 2020 or later:
- IUL Product Limitation: Maximum first year premium. All premiums amounts will be limited to a cumulative total of $1,000,000 in the first year. The illustration system will be updated on 5/18 to reflect this change.
- Maximum Issue Age is 80
- Maximum Rating: Table D or equivalent rate for proposed insureds ages 18-70. Coverage is not available if rated with medical history of Coronary Artery Disease, Diabetes, Chronic Kidney Disease, High Blood Pressure, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease or Asthma.
- Standard or better rate for proposed insureds > age 70
- Informal Application Offers: Offers will be honored unless expired.
- Guaranteed Issue Program: Foreign Nationals are not eligible
Accumulation Streamlined Underwriting Program - To accommodate recommended and mandated guidelines limiting personal interaction, Equitable will temporarily offer a streamlined underwriting program eliminating the requirement for lab testing or paramedical exams on qualifying cases. Provide a fully completed application, including a Medical Information Questionnaire, and Equitable will use every non-invasive and no-touch medical/non-medical resource available to underwrite these cases. Applies to New Business only.
- Insurance age Up to (and including) 55*
- Face amounts Up to (and including) $2 million*
- Products: COIL Institutional Series, VUL Optimizer, BrightLife® Grow
- Funding pattern: For VUL Optimizer and BrightLife® Grow ONLY, illustrated funding must reflect at least five times target premium within first five years.
- VUL Optimizer and BrightLife® Grow qualifying cases are limited to best class of Standard Plus; COIL Institutional Series qualifying cases are limited to best class of Preferred.
- The program is available in all states.
- Qualifying cases are also eligible for LTCSR, DDP/DDW, CTR, CLR, CV Plus Rider, and SOI where available and subject to underwriting
1. A completed AXA Equitable or MLOA application and Medical Information Questionnaire (MIQ)** o Any other application supplement forms/questionnaires, where applicable
2. MIB, MVR and prescription check will be ordered by the home office
3. Additional non-invasive and no-touch medical and non-medical resources may be checked to support the underwriting review.
4. An APS will be required on all cases on clients over age 50 but may be required at younger ages or to assess a specific medical impairment.
** While all qualifying submissions are eligible, digital submissions are encouraged to best comply with social distancing recommendations.
The company reserves the right to amend, alter, modify or terminate this promotion at any time in its sole discretion.