Banner: IMPORTANT NEWS for Paper App Users
In a continued effort to simplify the application process, Legal & General America will be replacing their traditional paper application (ICC08-LIA and state variations) with a new Life Insurance Application (LIA) (ICC17-LIA and state variations for CA, DE, FL, ND, SD).
This new LIA combines the ease of using a fillable PDF form with all the benefits of digital processing and accelerated underwriting
New LIA Process (for those advisors who still want to utilize a paper application)
1. Fully complete the Part 1, Part 2 of the new LIA and the Agent Report. There are no additional forms needed. You will send the application to BUA as usual.
2 BUA will review the application and send to LGA.
3. Once the application is received, LGA will process the application in the digital platform.
4. An email will be sent to your client containing a link to access their application. The client will log in using their last name, date of birth and zip code. LGA will also email the client a one-time security code to log in.
5. The client will be asked to review their application for accuracy and provide any additional information needed.
6. Once the review is completed, the client will sign and submit the application electronically.
7. The application will be reviewed to determine if any requirements are needed
8. Once the policy is approved, policy delivery will take place online through the Offer, Pay, Issue process.
9. Notices will be sent directly to your client via email and SMS based on your GA preferences.
Please give BUA a call at 1-800-792-6795 if you have any questions about these changes.