Assurity's COVID-19 Response
While COVID-19 is causing disruption in our communities, Assurity is committed to making sure you have the protection and support you need. The information found here provides guidance relative to the COVID-19 situation as it currently exists.
1. Applications for life insurance are not currently being accepted on applicants age 70 and older. No changes have been made to issue limits at this time.
2. All age and amount guidelines for examinations and labs continue to be applicable. If required paramedical examinations or lab testing is not currently available in the region, or the applicant is uncomfortable completing due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the underwriting process will proceed as follows:
- The underwriter will notify the agent of the maximum amount of coverage available for the applicant without examination or labs, if any.
- If the applicant wants to proceed with the reduced coverage amount, underwriting and issuance will continue accordingly.
- If the applicant wants to increase coverage in the future when paramedical examination services and lab testing are available, the agent will need to contact Assurity for scheduling, underwriting and reissue.
3. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Assurity has suspended the practice of offering conditional receipt coverage upon application submission for all life insurance products. Please do not submit initial premium with new applications regardless of face amount, as any premium submitted with an application will be returned.
4. A COVID-19 Questionnaire is now a requirement of application for all individual life insurance coverage for all primary and additional/other proposed insureds regardless of age (children covered under child term rider excluded).
The COVID-19 Questionnaire is not currently incorporated in the e-application flow with iPipeline or their accelerated underwriting process. Any applications submitted to Assurity electronically through iPipeline will trigger a separate email communication from Assurity to the proposed insured(s) at the email address provided in the application advising them of the need to complete the questionnaire and instructions to do so with signature and return back to Assurity via DocuSign. Please advise your clients to look for this email from Assurity and complete promptly to avoid processing delays as all underwriting decisions require its completion.
5. A Statement of Health and Delivery Acknowledgment is now a requirement on all individual life policy approvals for all primary and additional/other proposed insureds regardless of age (children covered under child term rider excluded)
6. Applicants for life, disability income, or critical illness insurance who have traveled to COVID-19 related Warning Level 3 or Alert Level 2 countries outside of the United States in the past 30 days, or plan to travel to those areas in the next 6 months, will be subject to postponement of the underwriting decision until 30 consecutive days have passed since the applicant’s return to the United States.
For more information, please click here.
Please give us a call at 1-800-792-6795 if you have any questions.